Sunday 2 April 2017

"D" in Discipline

A short story written by my son the other day....

***
"D" in Discipline

Long ago, but not so very long ago, I was a kid.

"Discipline e abar D?", (Another "D" in discipline ?") my mother sighed every time. 
It was easy. All you had to do was stand as dumb as a dolmen, wait for people to share their piece of minds, a few crocodile tears and you'd be done with it.

"Discipline e abar D?"(Another "D" in discipline ?"), the lady sitting beside me sighed, admonishing her child. 
I looked up.

"Ei dada ke dekhecho? Kirom shanto?", (Look at him !! What a nice and quiet boy he is ?) she went on. 

The kid glanced at me. I glanced back. 
I tried saying something. I couldn't.
I smiled. I couldn't help it.

Maybe for the first time in his life, someone didn't have a problem with him getting a D in Discipline.
After a moment of silence, he smiled back.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment